Do you book nights frequently but don’t stay at the same hotel chain all the time? If so, you need this credit card. In this Wells Fargo Hotels.com Rewards Visa Credit Card review, I’ll list all its details, so you will know if it’s the right credit card for you.
The Wells Fargo Hotels.com Rewards Visa Credit Card is a travel rewards card where you can earn rewards by collecting ‘stamps’ every time you stay in a hotel. It works according to what can be called a “punch card” system. Every night you book a night stay in a hotel using Hotels.com, you will earn one stamp.
This is a new card that is designed around the unique rewards structure of the Hotels.com Rewards Visa credit card. The issuer and administrator of this card are Wells Fargo Bank, by the license given by Visa.
Read on to learn more about the Wells Fargo Hotels.com Rewards Visa Credit Card, its features, benefits, and everything you need to know to see if it will really benefit you.
About the Wells Fargo Hotels.com Rewards Visa Credit Card
Punch Card System
This credit card is a new travel reward credit card patterned after the unique rewards structure of the Hotels.com Rewards card. It works according to what can be called a “punch card” system. Wells Fargo is the issuer and administrator of this credit card.
Ideal for Those Travelling and Booking Stays in Hotels
This card is ideal for those who are constantly traveling, and booking stays in different hotels. If you book a hotel through Hotels.com, you will be rewarded with a “punch” on your card. Actually, they call it “stamps.” You earn a stamp each time you book a night or stay in a hotel.
No Annual Fee and Offers a Welcome Bonus
You are not required to pay an annual fee to use this card. It also offers a welcome bonus, and its charges, interest, and fees are comparable to other cash rewards credit cards in the market. One unique thing about this card is that the value of the “punch” on your card can be worth your night’s stay.
10 Punches Is Equivalent to One Reward Night
If you earn ten punches, they will give you one reward night. Its worth is the average value of all the ten punches that you’ve made. In real terms, this credit card will help you earn a punch on your card for every $500 that you spend using the card.
If you earn all your punches this way, their worth will be the same, just like you booked a hotel room for $110. That’s the average value that Hotels.com customers pay for a single-night stay.
Punches Expire After 12 months
But these stamps or punches can expire if you don’t use them for 12 months. Your rewards balance will be reset to zero if you don’t collect them within this period. But if you collect or redeem them, it will be reflected as a reward night discount in the total amount of your booking, together with any applicable fees and taxes.
This unique credit card earns high marks with its users because of its Welcome Rewards’ credit value and ease of use.
Essential Features of the Wells Fargo Hotels.com Rewards Visa Credit Card
Knowing the key features of this credit card will help you see right away if it can benefit you financially. Here are its essential features:
- Welcome Offer – you will get $125 worth of reward night if you will spend $1,000 on your credit card spending for your first 3 months after getting this card.
- Rewards – you can collect 1 stamp if you use this card for every $500 of spending
- Annual Fee – $0
- Rental car collision insurance – but this is only secondary to your primary policy
- Road Assistance Hotline
- Travel and Emergency Hotline
Benefits of the Wells Fargo Hotels.com Rewards Visa Credit Card
You can enjoy several benefits if you use a Wells Fargo Hotels.com Rewards Visa Credit Card in your spending. Here are just some of them:
1. Welcome Bonus
After getting your card, you can immediately earn a reward night of up to $125. You have to use this card for $1,000 worth of purchases within the first three months of your approval to earn this reward. Take note that this is not a stamp or a punch but an actual reward night.
2. Earn Stamps Equivalent to a Reward Night
If you spend $500 using this credit card, you will earn one punch or stamp. Its worth is the same as booking for a night stay for $110. Once you have collected ten stamps or punches, you have earned one reward night. The dollar worth is the average value of the stamps. You can also collect or earn one stamp each night you stay in a hotel.
3. Travel Insurance
There are three types of travel insurance that you can get with this Hotels.com credit card. One is travel accident insurance, another is trip cancellation, delay, or interruption insurance, and the third is cell phone coverage.
4. Cell Phone Coverage
You can pay your cellphone bills with this credit card. By doing so, you can earn up to $600 insurance protection against theft or damage. But you need to pay a $25 deductible fee. This coverage does not include loss of the unit.
5. Zero Annual Fees
Wells Fargo will not charge you any annual fee for using this Hotels.com credit card.
6. Secret Prices
The Hotels.com Rewards credit card gives you the chance to unlock instant savings with its Secret Prices. You can pay less for your purchases by using this feature. To use it, watch out for “Your Secret Price” on eligible properties. This opportunity is open if you have from zero to 9 stamps.
7. Silver Membership
Choosing to get Silver Membership will enable you to enjoy additional perks for your first 12 months. These include free breakfasts, free WiFi, and many more.
Again, what does the Wells Fargo Hotels.com Rewards Visa Credit Card offer? Using the Wells Fargo Hotels.com Rewards Visa Credit Card, you can earn rewards by collecting “stamps” each time you book a night stay in a hotel thru Hotels.com.
Interest Rates and Charges of the Wells Fargo Hotels.com Rewards Visa Credit Card
As with every rewards credit card, the Hotels.com credit card is governed by certain interest rates and charges. So, here are the rates and charges you can expect when using this credit card:
- Interest Free Period – 25 days
- APR for Purchases – 14.99% to 22.99% variable, depends on your creditworthiness, varies with the market rate, according to the U.S. Prime Rate
- APR for Balance Transfers – 14.99% to 22.99%, varies with the market rate, according to the U.S. Prime Rate
- APR for Cash Advances – 24.74%, varies with the market rate, according to the U.S. Prime Rate
- Minimum Interest Charge – no less than $1.00
The due date is at least 25 days after every billing period. The card issuer will not charge any interest on your bills if you pay your whole balance on the due date every month.
Wells Fargo Hotels.com Rewards Visa Credit Card Fees
Here are the fees required by Wells Fargo for the use of their Visa Hotels.com credit card:
- Annual Fee – $0
- Cash Advance Fee – Either 5% or $10 of the amount, whichever is higher
- Balance Transfer Fee – Up to 5% of the amount, with a minimum amount of $5
- Foreign Currency Conversion – $0
- Late Payment Fee – Up to $40
- Returned Payment or Returned Check or – Up to $40
How to Earn Rewards with the Wells Fargo Hotels.com Rewards Visa Credit Card
The process of earning rewards with your Wells Fargo Hotels.com Rewards Visa Credit Card is pretty straightforward. But it needs a little bit of understanding. Here is the process:
- You earn one stamp for each night you book through the Hotels.com website.
- You earn one stamp for every $500 that you spend on the site and other sites or stores.
- Spend $1,000 each month on your purchases, and you will earn one rewards night in five months, even if you haven’t booked any hotel room.
- Stamps are credited 72 hours after your hotel room check out.
- Eligible properties are not just hotels, but other places like resorts, holiday rentals and many more. There are more than 1,000,000 eligible properties in this credit card.
- You can also book hotel nights for your family and friends to collect more stamps.
So, if you book two nights worth $500 on Hotels.com, you will get two stamps for the two nights you booked. And you will also get an extra stamp for spending $500. That will be a total of three stamps for that two-night hotel booking.
This Hotels.com rewards credit card does not offer bonus spending categories. So, don’t use it if you are already getting extra points or miles from your other credit cards. In other words, if you already have a card for grocery purchases that earn 3% cashback, don’t use this Hotels.com rewards card for the same purpose.
How to Redeem Rewards with the Wells Fargo Hotels.com Rewards Visa Credit Card
Redeeming your rewards from your Hotels.com credit card is also pretty simple. Here is the process:
1. Collect 10 Stamps
As soon as you have collected ten stamps, redeem them for a reward night. The actual worth will be dependent on the average booking value of the collected ten stamps.
2. Sign in on Your Hotels.com Account
Sign in on your Hotels.com account and search for the eligible properties where you can redeem your stamps. You can filter the results by accessing the Rewards section of the site and choosing “Redeem Reward Night,” where you will be presented with several eligible properties.
3. Choose ‘Pay Online’
Choose ‘Pay Online’ once you have selected an eligible property.
4. Redeem your Reward Night
Redeem your Reward Night. When you are already at check out, choose ‘Apply a Coupon or Hotels.com Rewards’ and choose the reward night you want to redeem.
If you redeem your stamps through the site, you will be charged a redemption fee of around $4. But if you will redeem your points through their app, you will not be charged with anything.
Things You Need to Consider
- The rewards that you earned through $500 of spending which are not done through hotel bookings will be valued by Hotels.com at $110. This is the average value of the stamps earned by customers of Hotels.com Rewards.
- If you are redeeming a reward night collected purely from purchases, the worth of the reward night will be equal to a 2.2% reward rate. This high reward value is not offered by other hotel loyalty programs. That’s why this is a good option for hotel bookings.
- You must redeem a reward night within 12 months of earning it. If you don’t, your reward will expire.
Wells Fargo Hotels.com Rewards Visa Credit Card Requirements
You have to be a citizen of the United States and legal age to get a Wells Fargo Hotels.com Rewards Visa Credit Card. Next, you should have a credit score that is at least 670. If you have a higher credit score, your chances of being approved will be better.
Conclusion: Wells Fargo Hotels.com Rewards Visa Credit Card
If you use the Wells Fargo Hotels.com Rewards Visa Credit Card each time you book a stay in a hotel, you will earn rewards in the form of ‘stamps.’ This credit card works similarly to a “punch card” system. You will earn one stamp each night if you book your hotel stay using Hotels.com.
So, if your work involves traveling across the country, the Hotels.com rewards credit card is worth your consideration. You can earn rewards without really working for them. These rewards will translate into substantial savings after some time.